Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.thisis24.co.uk is a site operated by Compass Group UK & Ireland Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 02114954 and have our registered office at Parklands Court, 24 Parklands, Birmingham Great Park, Rubery, Birmingham, B45 9PZ. Our VAT number is 466477701.
We are a limited company.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge. We accept no liability for data charges that may apply when our site is accessed.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree to not use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Usage Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Usage Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
The ESS and Compass Group logos are registered trademarks. Certain names, words, titles, phrase, logos, icons, graphics or designs to the pages of our website may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks owned by members of Compass Group Plc. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on pages of our website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designed referred to on the pages of our site are the trademarks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trademark owners and we intend no infringement of such trademarks.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.
TERMS FOR PREPAY CARD
The 24 pre-pay card scheme is operated by Compass Group UK & Ireland, Compass House, Guildford Street, Chertsey, KT16 9BQ.
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of the 24 pre-pay card (the card) for the loading and redemption of cashless payments at any 24 outlets.
- Use of the card will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
GETTING YOUR PREPAY CARD
- Applicants must reside in the UK and be aged 18 years or over.
- The card is free of charge and can be obtained at any of our participating outlets. It is not a credit or charge card and remains the property of Compass Group UK & Ireland.
- The card needs to be registered prior to use by visiting the 24 website at www.thisis24.co.uk and creating an account. The card can be topped up with a credit or debit card.
- There is no minimum or maximum amount that can be loaded on the card and it is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure the figure entered for authorisation is correct.
- You can either top up your card manually, or there is the ability to auto top up the card from a nominated credit or debit card. You choose the minimum and maximum values via your online account, and the nominated card will be charged automatically when you fall below your minimum value up to your maximum i.e. if you set your minimum to be £5 and you maximum to be £25 when your balance falls to £4.99 or below your pre-pay card will be topped up to £25 from your stored credit or debit card details.
- You may cancel your card at any time, but if you do so, you will forfeit the right to any monies that have accumulated on the card that have not been used.
- The card is your (“the cardholder”) responsibility whilst it is in your possession. We cannot be held responsible for unauthorised use of the card or for any monies lost as a result of failure by you to keep the card safe.
- If your card is lost or stolen it is your responsibility to obtain a new card from the outlet or your nominated administrator and transfer the monies through your 24 account at www.thisis24.co.uk on to the new card and at the same time ‘Mark as Lost’ your old card.
- You can check your balance at any of our outlets by presenting your card to the card reader and it will display the remaining value on the card. You can also check online at www.thisis24.co.uk through your account.
- You will only be able to redeem your pre-paid monies against future purchases made at our participating 24 outlets and the transaction total will be deducted immediately from your card.
- We reserve the right to reject any cards that have become unreadable and also to refuse to accept payment where acquired by theft, fraud or any other means which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- Compass Group UK & Ireland can cancel or withdraw the card and/or the card scheme at any time. We can also change these terms and conditions. Please visit www.thisis24.co.uk to obtain the latest terms and conditions.
- Compass Group UK & Ireland does not guarantee that the website will be accessible all the time.
- We will use or authorise the use of your information for the following purposes: to process your registration; to respond to your queries or requests; to administer your account and otherwise to undertake any of our obligations to you; to send you details of products, services or promotions which may be of interest to you. In addition, in order to provide you with your card as well as other associated services, it may be necessary for your information to be passed on to a third party that will assist Compass Group UK & Ireland.
- It is your responsibility to update any changes to your personal details on your account.
- We control the data collected about you in relation to the pre-pay card. As part of your application, you will be asked to provide various personal data including your name, email address and postcode. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal data we hold about you subject to adequate proof of identity. We will provide you with such details within 40 days of your request. Any inaccuracies in your information can easily be corrected by yourself.
- We shall not be responsible or held liable for any default or event arising directly or indirectly from any cause or event beyond our control.
- Compass Group UK & Ireland accepts no responsibility for any malfunctions, errors or viruses in the software that has been designed to maintain your details or for any incompatibility with all or any hardware and/or software that you use.
- We may transfer the benefits of these terms and conditions to a company in the same group as Compass Group UK & Ireland and if we do so, your rights will not be affected in any way.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Please retain these terms and conditions for your records. If you have any queries about the 24 pre-pay card please visit the FAQ section on the webpage at www.thisis24.co.uk.
TERMS FOR FREE PRIZE DRAW
- The prize draw is open to all GB residents (England, Scotland, Wales) over the age of 18 that are employed at a site which has a 24 unit, excluding employees and their immediate families of Compass Contract Services (UK) Limited trading as 24 (the Promoter), its affiliated companies, their agents or other persons professionally connected with the promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entrants will automatically be entered into the prize draw when registering their 24 prepaid card for auto top-up before the date that the 24 unit opens for business.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries may be made in the prize draw from the date that the pre-pay 24 cards are made available to customers. Entries will be accepted until midnight on the day before the 24 unit opens for business. Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Any entrant who enters more than one entry will be disqualified from the competition. Where a winner has been selected and the promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner has made more than one entry, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Entries from third parties/agents are invalid and will not be accepted.
- As soon as practicable after the first day of business of the 24 unit, a winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. The winner will be notified using the email address provided at the time of registration of their prepaid top-up card. Winners must then claim the prize within 7 days of receiving notification that they have won. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however, if the prize is not claimed within 7 days an alternative winner may be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Once a prize has been claimed, the winner can expect to receive their prize within 30 days by post.
- There is one prize to be won at each site with a 24 unit. The prize is £50 worth of credit automatically loaded onto the winners’ pre-paid card
- The prize is non-transferable, non refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives or auctioned in whole or in part. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The winner may be required to take part in related publicity.
- The name and county of the winner will be available upon application with a self addressed envelope to the Promoter.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely for the purposes of the 24 pre-pay card scheme and this promotion and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any prize, which is not received by a winner due to incorrect or incomplete address details having been provided. Any prize returned to sender or undelivered due to incorrect or incomplete details having been provided by a winner, will be deemed unwanted and that winner’s claim to a prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or temporarily suspend or withdraw this promotion without prior notice with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- The promoter does not guarantee that the website will be available all the time or at any specific time.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the promoter and each of its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
- any changes to or postponement or cancellation of the draw;
- any disappointment the winner may have with the prize;
- any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient) the prize;
- any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond the promoter’s reasonable control.
- The promoter shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete, corrupt or incorrect entries or for any malfunctions, errors or viruses in the software that has been designed to maintain the entrants’ details, or for any incompatibility with all, or any, hardware and/or software that entrants may use. Proof of entering will not be taken as proof of receipt of entry.
- This Promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Modern Slavery Act 2015
In line with the requirements of this Act, our Human Rights Policy, our Code of Business Conduct and our Code of Ethics, our policy in respect of slavery and human trafficking is to eliminate it both from our business and from our supply chain. Read our Modern Slavery Act 2015 transparency statement by clicking here.